International Health Certificates

An international health certificate from USDA APHIS  is frequently required for pets traveling outside the United States. Dr. Gallagher is USDA certified to provide international health certificates for category 1 animals, which includes dogs and cats.

Please keep in mind that each country has its own requirements, and international travel with a pet can require up to 7 months planning depending upon your destination.

If you are flying, be aware that airlines have different standards; contact the airline you will be using to ensure you have what is necessary for the flight.

To discuss your plans and determine what you will need, you can contact us using the form below, via email (, or by phone (610.527.7387).